Sunday, September 20, 2009

walk me out in the morning dew....




Here are a couple of snaps from last Thursday morning. It was my first trip to the beach after my heart procedure and it felt great to get some salt-stained early morning air. The images were captured with an old brownie hawkeye camera that I modified to produce the "blur-ness". The sky was absolutely amazing in an September kind of way. More to come....


On another note, my recovery is coming along, albeit a bit slower than I hoped. I ended up with some superficial clotting in my arm as a result of the IV's. Additionally, my doctor is hedging his bet a bit on his timetable for my return to surfing. Clearly more discussions will ensue regarding this, as being in the water provide tremendous stress-reduction, aerobic/cardio exercise, contact with my brethren, and a sense of one-ness with the world in which I reside in. I'll take only knee high log waves for a while, but don't let me lay all dried up on the beach like a fish washed in with the tide..... Maybe he needs to understand I am not da bull.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Serena Ryder says she wants to learn to surf. Ha.
Snap up that gorgeous light in that little Brownie box now because you're gonna be spending some time in the brine soon. best of luck.

magicpolaroid said...

wow the shot on top is gorgeus!luv it!