Thursday, November 12, 2009

Please Tell My Brother.....

Here is a portrait of my brother that I took shortly before he passed away (1999). Tomorrow will be the second annual Tommy Brull Foundation Benefit. Tom is my brother who passed away ten years ago. My family started a foundation to keep his memory alive. Monies generated from the auction, and event go to support agencies and individuals in our community who are dealing with physical, mental or emotional challenges. Last years event raised over 20,000 dollars. This years event features an Andrew Kidman set, as well as dub style djay (Mach from Shipworm and Gribble). Auction items include custom shortboards, a noserider, and some surfy Art (Matt clark, Tommy Colla, Susannah Ray and myself). If you would like to hear more about the good work of the foundation or would like to donate-shoot me an email brullj@gmail.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mate, best of luck with the fundraiser. I lost a brother in January this year after along battle and now have one less mate in the water. I'm happy to donate a print for next years benefit - maybe remind me around May. cheers Neil

glider said...

neil thanks so much- so psyched to have a fellow aussie in attendance tomorrow- Andrew Kidman

magicpolaroid said...

im so sorry about this story..

Toddy said...

Man, I'm sorry I missed that.
I have really taken my finger off it lately.
Never again, he says...