Sunday, September 12, 2010

Closing Time



I grabbed this shot of James as he was getting out of the water after the start of Earl. I like grabbing shots of guys as they are leaving the water-it seems like there is more spontanity with regards to the expression of emotion as they are exiting the water. James is an early morning regular at one of the spots i surf. He spent the second summer in a row wandering around the rugged coast of New Zealand.

On another note my four day weekend didnt pan out the way i hoped... damn flatness... I was able to get my daughter Avery out for her first paddle out. So funny to see her paddling my tyler and then mini-simms out. She got one wave on her belly which ended not so smoothly.. she came up with a smile on her face though.. so it goes another convert

No comments: