Wednesday, January 14, 2009

some of Glider's non-surf related favorites


These are two of my favorite non-surfing related pictures. I am drawn to urban scenery and the ever present "strangeness" that is evident in the visual landscape in the outskirts of urban locations. I miss having easy access to these locations as I was always so excited by what may be evident. The streetpreacher was shot in Spanish Harlem and the urban swing was in the outskirts of the Bronx.
The surf continues to be rather dismal and extremely cold in these parts. Hoping to post-up some new negs shortly. I got a vintage Diana on the way which i am stoked to get my hands on. If your in NY and have an interesting quiver I'd love to come and take some shots, please leave me a note if open to sharing your shots boards with others.

No comments: